India... My Favorite Place



INDIA... My Favorite Place

India has always been my favorite place to travel to and explore ever since I visited my grandparents when I was a child. I am a child of immigrant parents who were born in India. I have been exposed to Indian culture ever since I could remember. Hyderabad, which is a heavily populated city in India is the area where my grandparents live and where my parents grew up. Every year I went to India I stayed with my grandparents in Hyderabad and explored the common tourist sites near the city. Some of these tourist areas include Golkonda Fort and Charminar.

Golkonda Fort by Gunjan Pandey


Charminar by Gopikrishna Narla
Every time I have went to India thus far it was to either visit families or attend Indian weddings. Even though I was born into the Hindu culture I learned to appreciate it and fall in love with it as I grew older and as I made more trips to India.

Typical Wedding in India Source: Wikipedia

 While Hyderabad has many tourist locations that represent its developmental advances, the city still shows many signs of poverty. These signs are mainly seen on the local streets due to the dense population of India. I always come back feeling inspired and more appreciative of the opportunities that are given to me along with a sense of encouragement to pursue my dreams.
Streets Near Charminar by Vivekanand Pokala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog